Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week One--Not good news

January 1:  247.6; 2nd: 247.6; 3rd: 249.2; 4th: 249.8; 5th: 249.2; 6th: 250.6;  7th: 248.8
January 8: 249.4  I gained 1.8 pounds

I had high intensity in my desire to lose weight this week.  I stayed within my calorie limit and I did a total of 3.5 hours of exercise.  So why did I gain?  I'm not sure but I can see a couple of changes I could have made.  The lower weight on the 1st may have been one of those days when you are down, but it isn't real, if you know what I mean.  Looking at the week you'll see I was all over the map.  My goal for January is be down to a solid 244.

Mistakes I made:  too many french fries.  I need to take my food scale and actually measure the amount that is safe to eat OR (and here's a novel idea) have NO french fries at all.

Mistake number 2:  I drove through Jack in the Box after having had a manicure and pedicure and I was on my way to work.  I chose the Jumbo Jack which had 600 calories.  No fries.

Mistake number 3:  Last night we had pizza after TOPS.  The personal pan pizza I had chosen from my calorieking list was 600.  I had calories for that plus the salad.  But they brought us a regular pizza since they were out of the little crusts.  And I ate 3 pieces.  I'm thinking that was probably more than 600 calories.  Plus way too high in carbs and fats.

So I am learning continually what choices are good and not so good.

This week:  Keep exercising, no artificial sweeteners, no french fries.

2 comments:

  1. French Fries are over rated! Pack a snack before school. I took a sliced apple and a granola bar for me yesterday. Keep a bottle of water in your car so you drink that instead of diet soda (bad bad!).

    but keep up the hard work! It will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness! I use artificial sweetners all day long. Diet Pop and my tea. I drink water too, tho. I lost 2 1/2 lbs this past week.

    ReplyDelete