Friday, July 9, 2010

Holding the course

Why did the weight come off so quickly when I started this journey in Oct. 2008? Although I didn't make my goal for 2009 of losing 52 pounds I still had a fairly steady weight loss over the year. But 2010 has been different. On January 1 I weighed 204.4 but the days after my mother passed away I zoomed back up to 211.4. Fortunately in one week I had shed 4.8 pounds of that.

Now it is the middle of July almost and I weighed 201.6 this morning. Good grief! That is only 2.8 pounds in 6.5 months. I have become an exercise maniac, generally doing 1 to 1.5 hours. I generally log my food eaten on calorieking.com although I'm not perfect on that front. I wanted to be 195 by Dec. 31, 2009. Didn't happen! Now I had hoped to be 190 by the time we go on our cruise August 13 and I'm seeing that dream slip, slip, slip away. I at least have not gained any weight back so I'm thankful for that. I'm eating right most of the time. I exercise 5-6 times per week (unless traveling). I honestly don't know what else to do. I'm 62 and maybe that is part of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment