Monday, April 26, 2010

TWO HUNDRED

For some people weighing 200 would be catastrophic! But for me...it is wonderful. In 2009 I hoped to lose 52 lbs. in 52 weeks but I fell short of that goal. I am thankful for the amount of weight I did lose.

On January 1st I weighed 204.4. On January 2 my mother passed away. On January 4 and the days following family members began arriving. There were more meals eaten in restaurants. After the funeral dinner the relatives brought several pizzas into the house. I was not strong enough to "just say no." On January 2 I weighed 206 and on January 11 I had zoomed up to 211. It took me a couple of weeks to recover from the gain and the I hovered in the 204s for weeks.

I had high hopes of weighing 195 by December 31, 2009 and now almost 4 months later I have finally reached 200.

Losing weight is a full-time job. I count calories. I exercise AT LEAST 6 days a week at a gym, or walking, or with an exercise DVD.

So today is a milestone. I hope by April 30 to weigh 199.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment